We are looking for a full time farm manager for a startup no slaughter farming operation. Our property is in an inspiring location and has lots of potential. We have the capital in place to pay a good salary and build out infrastructure as needed. Ideal candidate will be hard working self starter with farming experience and preferably have some course work or degree in agricultural. We might be asking a lot, but this position requires a strong intellect and planning ability along with the desire and skill to do hands on implementation. Some experience with running and maintaining equipment would also be helpful. If you have been dreaming of starting a farm and can't fathom acquiring the funds for land and equipment, come join us. Get paid a good salary and do what you love.
Skills and duties....
- Maple syrup production. We have 35 acres that previously had around 3,000 taps.
- Timber harvesting. For a couple of months in the winter the job will be cutting trees per our current use management plan.
- Plowing shoveling.
- Trail building and maintenance.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Seasonal garden production.
- Firewood production.
- Thinning / Clearing of woodlands for agricultural production.
- Intereste in long term planning and implementation. We are working with Regenerative Design Group on a master plan for the property.